This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This oven baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is super easy to make right in the oven for perfectly crispy bacon and tender asparagus packed with that deliciously salty and meaty bacony (definitely should be a word) flavor. The perfect crowd pleasing appetizer!
*This post was originally published in February 2017. It has been updated for content and photography, but the recipe remains the same.
Those are the only 2 ingredients you need to make this super awesome oven baked bacon wrapped asparagus recipe.
One of my easiest recipes ever.
The key to this recipe is making sure your bacon gets nice and crisp, and the best way to do that is in the oven.
I also recommend lining a baking sheet with aluminum foil and placing a baking rack on top. The rack will help keep the bacon from sitting in its own liquid, which can hinder the crisping process.
Plus, then you have all that delicious bacon fat that I LOVE to cook with. Don’t throw that stuff away, it’s gold!!!
Keep those two tips in mind, and you’ll have some nice crisp bacon, I promise!
How to Make Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Preheat the oven to 36 degrees. Trim about 1-2 inches off the bottom of each stalk. This should eliminate the stringy, tough portion of the asparagus. Wrap one piece of bacon around 3-5 stalks of asparagus.
Continue until all asparagus is wrapped in bacon.
Place on a rack on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for 15 minutes on the other side. Add additional time if you would like your bacon crispier, however, be sure not to overcook the asparagus.
Throwing a party? Check out these other awesome recipes that would be great for a party!
Korean Beef Nachos with Wonton Chips
Korean Beef Egg Rolls
Cajun Crawfish Egg Rolls
Vietnamese Baked Chicken Wings
Jamaican Jerk Eggplant Skewers
Fruit Kebabs with Chili Lime Dressing
Jalapeno Cheese Hush Puppies
Crispy Cajun Chicken Wings
Did you make this oven baked bacon wrapped asparagus? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Oven Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (about 40 spears)
- 8-10 slices regular (or thin) cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around 3-4 stalks of asparagus. Continue until all asparagus is wrapped in bacon.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top.
- Place the asparagus on the rack on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes on each side (20 minutes total).
- Be sure to use regular or thin cut bacon, not thick cut. Thick cut will take too long to cook and you will end up with soggy bacon;
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Save the bacon fat in a sealable container when the asparagus is done cooking.
- If your bacon is not crisp enough, pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes - just be sure it doesn't burn!
- To make it ahead of time, wrap all your asparagus with bacon and store in a covered container in the fridge overnight. Cook according to the instructions when ready.
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, take a photo and tag #wenthere8this. I want to see what you’re making!