The Most Amazing Thick, Chewy, Delicious Butterfinger Cookies
Who doesn’t love a Butterfinger candy bar? Those crispy, chewy layers of caramelized goodness…mmmmm. So I wondered if I could take that goodness and put it in a cookie. The answer is quite emphatically, yes. Yes I can. And it’s wonderful. So incredibly wonderful. I love these Butterfinger Cookies. Love. Them. So. Much.
This is one of the few desserts I’ve made that did not make it until Monday. Note, I make dessert Friday, and bring leftovers to work Monday. It’s what I do. Can’t have this stuff in the house all week, I’d be in trouble!
And can you believe these cookies only take 20 minutes from start to finish? I’m sold. Let’s make ’em!
Related Recipe: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and egg yolk and beat for 1 minute.
Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until flour is barely streaking through. Do not over mix or your cookies run the risk if falling a little flat. But hey, if that’s your thing, mix away!
Mix in the chopped Butterfinger candy bars.
Roll into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. I typically try to place them about 2 inches apart to avoid making a Butterfinger cookie pie. Which, by the way, sounds amazing.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Let them cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove and place on a rack to finish cooling. Or just eat them. Nobody’s looking. And if they are? Who cares. You’re eating Butterfinger cookies.
Now…what is my next cookie going to be….I feel something with caramel coming on? Or maybe lemon, you know how much I love lemon. Or perhaps we’ll move to brownies. We’ll see what happens, stay tuned!
Related Recipe: Homemade Lemon Curd
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg plus 1 yolk, at room temperature
- 1 king size and 1 regular sized Butterfinger candy bar chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and egg yolk and beat for 1 minute.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until flour is baking streaking through. Do not over mix or your cookies run the risk if falling a little flat.
- Mix in the chopped Butterfingers.
- Roll into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove and place on a rack to finish cooling.
Like dessert? You’ll love these other creations: