These classic Mexican wedding balls are a perfect party pleaser and easy to make with only 6 ingredients!
This post contains affiliate links.
These classic Mexican wedding balls bring back memories. My mom made these for years around Christmas time and I love them. It’s pretty much shortbread rolled in powdered sugar.
And pecans, don’t forget the pecans. I remember as a kid spending so much time shelling pecans. Thinking back I always wonder why we didn’t just get them already shelled? But I was literally talking to my mom the other day and she was sitting there shelling pecans….
I guess some things never change.
But seriously guys, these cookies are super easy to make and so yummy.
Only 6 ingredients.
20 minutes to cook.
Coating these classic Mexican wedding balls with powdered sugar while they are still slightly warm allows the sugar to melt just a touch and cling to the cookies to create this sugary sweet delicious goodness.
And they are a mess. I’ll warn you. I know every time the boyfriend sneaks one. There is a powdered sugar trail. As a kid, we used to get the powdered sugar everywhere. As an adult, well, I still get it everywhere…
Oh, and you’ll never be able to eat just one. If you figure out a way to so that let me know.
Now, before we move to the recipe, don’t forget to download your copy of my FREE holiday dessert cookbook. It includes this recipe and number of others that aren’t even on the blog. Plus, they are all super easy to make! Get your copy below!
Don’t forget to check out these other super yummy holiday desserts:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar and vanilla until fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt, mixing in slowly. Stir in the pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a covered container.
- Add the cookies, a few at a time, cover, and shake to coat with the powdered sugar. Remove and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.