This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
When you’re tired of that same old boring pizza, make this Thai chicken flatbread pizza with Thai yellow curry sauce to spice things up a it. It’s easy and you won’t believe how incredibly tasty it is!!
Who doesn’t love pizza? Especially when you get to make your own personal pizza that you don’t have to share with any one.
Because really, who wants to share their food?
Especially these Thai chicken flatbread pizzas. Once I took my first bite, no way anyone was going to pry that Thai pizza out of my hands.
The Thai yellow curry sauce is used as a pizza sauce and has the perfect amount of spice and flavor. Plus a little extra to dip the crust in…we’re talking serious flavor here guys.
And you know how much I love to use chicken thighs. These chicken thighs are marinaded in an umami packed marinade made with fish sauce, soy sauce, coconut sugar, lime, chili and garlic, sauteed and sliced into bite sized pieces for delicious morsels of flavor packed juiciness.
Like most of my recipes, these little flatbread pizzas are super easy to make. They only take a couple minutes to piece together, 15 minutes in the oven and you’ve got yourself a droolworthy meal.
**if you love experimenting with pizza ideas, don’t forget to check out this Korean Beef Bulgolgi Pizza with a gochujang pizza sauce and crispy, caramelized chunks of marinated beef**
For the pizza crust, I like to use pita flatbread. However, you can also use naan bread if you’d like, or even regular pizza dough. If you use regular pizza dough, make sure to cook according to the instructions so your dough cooks all the way.
For the Thai yellow curry paste, making your own is the preferred method. It just has so much more flavor. However, I do understand the time struggle is real. So in the links below, I’ve included a link to my favorite store bought yellow curry paste for use in a pinch.
Most of these ingredients can be found in your local grocery store or Asian market. You can also buy the ingredients through the below Amazon links if you don’t feel like running up and down the aisles to search for ingredients (these are affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you buy through these links to help with the unforeseen costs of this blog….):
- Coconut oil
- Pita flatbread
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Coconut sugar
- Ginger paste
- Chili garlic sauce
- Coconut milk
- Yellow curry paste
How to Make Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
Marinade the chicken first. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the chicken and refrigerate overnight.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken thighs, 5-7 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
While the chicken is cooling, pour the coconut milk and curry paste into a sauce pan and heat to boiling to make the Thai yellow curry sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and salt to taste. Personally, I use 1/2 tsp. of salt, but I really enjoy salt. Some may even say I have a slight salt addiction.
Next, add the diced sweet potato to the skillet and cook on medium until lightly browned and caramelized, about 7 minutes.
Lay the flatbread on a baking sheet. Spoon about 2 tbsp. of sauce over the flatbread and spread. Because the sauce isn’t super thick, I recommend going light on the sauce at this point to avoid a huge mess. Add your chicken, vegetables, and cashews.
Now at this point, if more sauce is your thing (it’s totally my thing) drizzle more sauce over the flatbreads. Finally, place 2-3 sliced of mozzarella cheese and bake in a 400 degrees oven for about 15 minutes, or until crust is browned around the edges and cheese is melted.
I like to serve the flatbread with some more of the Thai yellow curry sauce on the side for dipping the crust. I highly recommend you do the same.
You’re going to love this Thai chicken flatbread pizza with Thai yellow curry sauce. Seriously, you will love it.
If you’re loving the flavors here (how can you not??), check out these other awesome recipes:
Thai Marinated Grilled Cornish Game Hens
Thai Green Curry Shrimp and Grits
Easy Baked Satay Chicken Wings
Vietnamese Caramelized Chicken Wings
The Best Thai Fried Chicken and Waffles
Gochujang Marinated Grilled Flat Iron Steak
Korean Bulgolgi Beef Nachos
Did you make this Thai chicken flatbread pizza? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Thai Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs, bonelesss and skinless
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cashews
- 8 oz. fresh mozarella
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 pita flatbreads
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
- Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in a skillet and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat, let cool and slice into bite sized pieces.
- While the chicken is cooling, add the other tsp. of coconut oil to a nonstick skillet. Add the diced sweet potato and cook until browned and softened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet. Spread a layer sauce over each flatbread. Add the sliced chicken, sweet potato, red peppers, sliced onions and cashews.
- Slice the mozzarella into thin slices and place 2-3 slices on each flatbread. Drizzle each flatbread with about 1 tbsp. of the sauce.
- Bake the flatbread for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted, bubbly, and starting to lightly brown. Remove, cut in half if desired, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Thai Pizza Sauce:
- Add the coconut milk and curry past in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste and set aside until you're ready to make the flatbread. This step can be done the day before as well.
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, post a photo and tag #wenthere8this. I want to see what you made!