This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These crispy cajun style chicken wings are quickly fried until crisp, then baked in a buttery cajun sauce until they are tender, juicy and perfectly sticky
I have been obsessed with chicken wings recently. Just obsessed.
Whenever we go out now, I feel like we NEED to order the wings.
I love those little crispy morsels of tasty skin and juicy fall off the bone chicken. All wrapped up in a dirty your hands and face kinda way.
Chicken wings bring joy to my life. They make me happy.
And there are SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS. SO MANY.
My absolute favorite wings are the garlic butter wings served at a little Vietnamese restaurant called Phuong Trang here in San Diego. Oh, and of course the infamous Pok Pok wings we had while in Portland (I swear I’m going to get this recipe down…it’s a work in progress).
There is one thing I hate about chicken wings. That’s when they’re gone.
With as much as I love wings, I really haven’t spent much time making them. Well, that’s all going to change. I have a renewed goal this year to get my wing cookin’ on.
AND, it’s Cajun food month so guess what this recipe is for? Oh you read the title of the post? Oh well, I’m going to tell you anyway.
Crispy Cajun style chicken wings.
How do we make these Crispy cajun style chicken wings?
It’s super easy guys. We roll them in a little mixture of flour and Cajun seasoning, then fry them for about 10 minutes. Then we coat them with the delicious buttery sauce that it only took us 3 minutes to make, and bake them in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, until they are ooey, gooey, deliciously buttery and sticky.
If you like to dip your wings in something, try this super awesome homemade Cajun remoulade sauce. It’s easy to make and great on all sorts of things!
And then we devour them alone.
Ok, that last part is just my personal preference. But you should try it. Sharing doesn’t ALWAYS make you feel good.
If you prefer to do your shopping through Amazon, I’ve included affiliate links below to purchase the ingredients for this dish. I earn as small commission off these links as part of the Amazon affiliate program. It helps me continue to run this site.
These crispy Cajun style chicken wings are super addictive. Be careful guys. You may find yourself making them over and over again….
Don’t miss out on these other great Cajun recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Rate the recipe and leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out.
Crispy Cajun Wings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat about 2-3 cups of oil (should be 3 inches deep) to 350 degrees in a dutch oven or high sided skillet.
- Mix the flour and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Coat the chicken wings in the flour mixture.
- Add them to the oil, being careful not to over crowd the pan. Overcrowding the pan causes the temperature of the oil to drop too much and the wings will become soggy and greasy. You'll need to fry the wings in several batches.
- Fry them for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove them from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Once the wings are done, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss the wings in it.
- Arrange them on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and sizzling. Make sure the internal temperature has reached 165F.
- Serve them hot.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the pan when frying the wings. Overcrowding causes the temperature to drop and the wings may become soggy.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sauce to make it spicier. Add more for more spice.
- If you use a salt free Cajun seasoning, you will need to add 1-2 teaspoons of salt to the flour mixture and you may need to add a touch to the sauce (taste and see if you need any).
- You can use chicken thighs or breasts (thighs are better) in place of the wings. You'll want to increase the fry time to 3-4 minutes a side.