These Vietnamese chicken wings are marinated in a delicious umami marinade made with fish sauce, sugar and garlic, then roasted until sticky and caramelized. They are my absolute favorite chicken wings!
I don’t know about you guys, but I sure do love chicken wings.
Especially gooey, crispy, sticky umami packed wings like these baked Vietnamese chicken wings.
Let me tell you , these wings are just SO AWESOME.
Hands down the best wings I’ve ever made.
The best part? They’re so easy. No messy frying or dipping or rolling…just a little marinade and some time in the oven.
People will love these.
YOU will love these.
Note that I use coconut sugar in this recipe. If you don’t have coconut sugar, brown sugar can be substituted.
However, I encourage you to give the coconut sugar a try. It really has this amazing flavor. I wasn’t sold at first either.
I mean, it’s not cheap.
But once I tried it, I decided it’s delicious.
For these baked Vietnamese chicken wings, it added the perfect flavor.
Buy your ingredients through these Amazon affiliate link if you’d like. I do receive a small commission if you buy through these links, but guys, a girl’s got to eat right?
It’s really as easy as combining all the marinade ingredients, adding the wings, and just letting them sit overnight.
And the next day you can start getting excited. You’re ready to make your wings.
Heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet.
Don’t forget this part. Due to all the sugar, these wings are going to caramelize like crazy, which is great for eating, not so much for cleanup.
So line that pan. The boyfriend was soooo glad I lined it (this time).
Spread your wings on the pan in a single layer, along with your crushed garlic cloves (roasted caramelized garlic cloves are the BEST) and place in the oven.
SAVE THE MARINADE!
Cook for 35-45 minutes, or until the wings are golden brown and bubbly. Turn them once at the halfway point, and baste with some of the leftover marinade.
Remove from heat and devour.
It’s preferable if no one else is there to watch you eat them all.
Vietnamese food is awesome guys. Check out these other flavor packed recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Rate it and leave me a comment below to let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs. wingettes
- Fresh lime toasted garlic and crushed peanuts for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 10 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. minced lemongrass
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and mix, ensuring each wing is coated with the marinade. Leave in fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken wings and on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, turning once halfway through. RESERVE THE MARINADE.
- Baste wings with excess marinade every 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh squeezed lime juice, toasted garlic and crushed peanuts, if desired.