This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Filled with creamy Nutella, sweet, ripe bananas and baked until the puff pastry is browned and warm and gooey on the inside, these Banana Nutella Pastries are super easy to make with only 3 ingredients AND, they take less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
Nutella is one of my favorite inventions ever.
I mean, I seriously don’t know how it took so long to get created.
I’ve Someone I know has been known to eat spoons of it right out of the jar.
And seriously, I don’t know if you guys have ever eaten your bananas with Nutella, but it’s the best way to eat bananas.
Nutella is awesome in desserts. Especially these banana Nutella pastries.
Plus, they are so super easy to make.
First off, you need to get Nutella if you don’t already have some. I seem to always have some unless
I’ve my friend has gotten spoon happy and eaten it all.
You can find it at your local grocery store near the peanut butter, or you can buy it through this Amazon affiliate link right from your couch (I earn a small commission if you buy through this link that helps me pay for this site):
And I hope by this point in your life you know where to find bananas.
And that’s it. Really. Just 3 ingredients for these banana Nutella pastries.
This recipe uses only one sheet of puff pastry. Your box will likely come with 2, so feel free to double the recipe if’d you’d like to make more of these.
More is usually better.
First, thaw your puff pastry at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
Carefully unfold it and lay it flat. Cut the sheet into 9 equal squares. I use a pizza cutter for this.
On 4 of the squares, place a piece of banana and 1-2 tsp. of Nutella on top.
Place the other 4 squares on top and seal the edges. I find it best to use a fork for this.
make sure the edges are nice and sealed so none of the Nutella leaks out while baking.
Honestly, I suck at this and Nutella always leaks out.
But you guys know about my baking skills already….
Place your stuffed pastries on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Remove and patiently wait until they are cook enough to touch.
Serve these banana Nutella patries as is, or add a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of Nutella (or both if you want to get all crazy).
Guys, please. Try not to hoard them and eat them all yourself.
Or hoard them. Eat them all. No one needs to know.
Let’s say Nutella’s not your thing (we can’t be friends then). I do have some other super easy desserts you can make:
Did you make these banana Nutella pastries? Leave comment below and let me know what you think 🙂 You’re going to love these things!
Nutella Puff Pastry
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 banana sliced in 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut the pastry into 9 squares using a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- On four squares, place a slice of banana and 2 teaspoons of Nutella on top of the banana.
- Place the other 4 squares on top and seal the edges. Ensure that the edges are sealed well to avoid leaking while cooking.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
- If you have trouble with the edges sticking, dampen them with water before you seal them with a fork.
- If you want them to look extra golden and pretty, brush them with egg wash (beat an egg with 2 teaspoons of water).
- Dust them with powdered sugar or drizzle with melted Nutella for serving.