This coconut rice is so amazingly fluffy and delicious, it is absolutely served as a side dish to pretty much anything. Or just eat it. I won’t judge.
I’m just going to say it – coconut rice is amazing and should be a staple in every household. Contrary to it’s name, this version of coconut rice does not have a strong coconut flavor, and is not sweet!
Coconut milk in itself is not sweet, but has a creamy texture. The jasmine rice and coconut milk impart a wonderful fluffy texture and nutty taste while the garlic, chili sauce and chicken broth give the rice that extra boost of savory yummness.
Gone are the days are mushy white rice! The key to this recipe is the coconut cream from the coconut milk, so make sure you use the full fat version.
Serve it with curry, meat dishes (personally I love this with lamb), stir fry, or just by it’s lonesome.
NOTE: Be sure to stir the coconut milk before using. The coconut cream typically separates from the liquid and must be re-combined to use in this dish. Do this by shaking the can vigorously, or pouring the contents in a bowl and mixing them together.
Did you try this rice? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black cracked pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until softened and very lightly browned.
- Turn heat to high and add the rice, chicken broth, coconut milk, chili garlic sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
How do you like to serve your jasmine rice? Do you eat it by itself or serve it with something? How did this recipe turn out for you?