This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This curried zucchini is coated with uber flavorful spices and sauteed in ghee for a rich buttery umami flavor!
Serve a vegetable at every meal – that’s what I learned growing up. We always had a veggie at every sit down meal. As you know, I love to come up with new recipes for vegetable side dishes. Now a simple fresh steamed veggie is great, but they tend to get a little boring over time. So I like to add a little kick, a touch more flavor and of course just a bit of yummy fat. So why not some buttery curried zucchini?
I LOVE curry. It has such a great intense flavor, perfect for adding that special kick to vegetables. And this curried zucchini sure does have a kick!
Ghee (clarified butter) is used to brown the zucchini. If you don’t have ghee, any other cooking fat will do just fine, however, I recommend butter or coconut oil for the best results. BUT, ghee is the best IMO. Cooking with ghee gives the dish a deeper, more intense flavor. However, it does have a very high saturated fat content, so I recommend using it sparingly – do as I say, not as I do right?
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Curried Zucchini: Simple Vegetable Side Dishes
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 heaping tsp. curry powder Spicely Organic Curry Powder Seasoning - Glass Jar - Gluten Free - Non GMO - Vegan - Kosher
- 1/16 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. ghee 4th & Heart Grass-Fed Ghee Butter, Original, 9 Ounce
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add the zucchini and brown on both sides.
- Add the curry powder, cinnamon, pepper and salt and stir until zucchini is well coated with the seasoning.
- Add chicken broth and cook until broth is evaporated (1-2 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Variation: Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over zucchini before serving.