This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
If it's been a while since you've had a good taco, then these Ground Pork Tacos are just what you need. Seasoned with fresh spices and smoky pepper, these tacos are easy to make and super delicious!
Super savory and every hint of flavor from the fresh ingredients will hit your taste buds!
Tacos are just one of those meals that make you feel good inside! After you make the tacos and then sit down to eat them, all just feels right in the world.
Of course, if you're going to make tacos, you will want to make this amazing green salsa or this fresh tomato salsa. This mango peach salsa is also a favorite topping on top of these tacos!
We love tacos around here so much that I'm always looking for different ways to make them. Some of my favorite taco recipes are these crispy pork belly tacos, spicy lamb tacos, and shrimp tacos.
I think it's safe to say that tacos go well with almost any meat! Tacos are life!
Why This Recipe Works
- You don't have to try too hard with these tacos. The recipe is simple and the end result is deliciousness.
- Everyone loves tacos, which means this is a fantastic go to recipe, when you don't feel like thinking about what to make.
- The flavor is just what you're looking for in a taco. Fresh limes, salsa, and red onion all make this tacos even better!
- Ground pork cooks up nice and juicy and the fresh ground spices add an amazing dimension of flavor.
- The chipotle pepper adds an amazing smokiness with the perfect touch of spice to the recipe.
For a full list of ingredients and quantities used, please refer to the recipe card below.
If you've tried every other type of meat for tacos, but haven't given ground pork a try, now is your chance. I think it's the perfect meat option for tacos. It's not too expensive, yet it is juicy and flavorful!
The fresh cumin and coriander seeds in this recipe are toasted and ground. They add such a great flavor to the tacos! You can find cumin and coriander seeds in most grocery stores.
When you like a little kick in your tacos, then add the cayenne pepper and then some.
The chipotle pepper adds a nice smokiness and the perfect amount of spice to these tacos - just make sure it's the kind in adobo sauce (that's the best part).
Step by Step Instructions
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the pork.
Cook until it's no longer pink, using a spoon to break it up into small pieces while it cooks.
To toast the coriander and cumin, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the whole spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, until fragrant. Remove and use a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to grind the spices.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing to combine all the ingredients.
Serve on corn tortillas with diced tomato, fresh cilantro and limes, sour cream (or crema) and cotija cheese. Mix it up and serve it with whatever other toppings you like!
We love this cilantro chimichurri in place of salsa!
- Use a mixture of ground pork and ground beef for added flavor and texture.
- Add in diced onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos for extra heat and crunch.
- Top with fresh cilantro, diced avocado, and a squeeze of lime for added brightness.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas for a truly authentic taste.
- Don't forget the salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream for added toppings.
- To toast the coriander and cumin, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the spice. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Remove and use a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to grind the spices.
Yes, you can cook ground pork in the same way as ground beef. Just make sure to cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Some delicious toppings for pork tacos include shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sliced radishes. You can also add in some spicy elements like pickled jalapenos or a spicy salsa.
Yes, flour tortillas work just as well with these tacos. However, for a traditional taco taste, we recommend using corn tortillas.
Yes, you can definitely swap in ground turkey for a leaner option.
More Pork Recipes
- Sous Vide Pork Shoulder
- Chinese Braised Pork Belly (Hong Shao Rou)
- Sous Vide Pork Roast
- Chinese BBQ Pork Belly Bites
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Ground Pork Tacos
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander toasted and ground
- 2 tsp cumin seeds toasted and ground
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (add additional to taste if desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Corn tortillas
- Red onion, diced
- Sour cream (or crema)
- 1 small tomato diced
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the pork.
- Cook until it's no longer pink, using a spoon to break it up into small pieces while it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve on corn tortillas with diced tomato, fresh cilantro and limes, sour cream (or crema) and cotija cheese.
Leave a Reply