This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Learn how to make marinated ramen eggs with that gooey yolky center and delicious umami flavor!
Ramen eggs. Oh delicious, gooey umami flavored ramen eggs. You know that feeling you get when your order ramen, and you bite into that egg and it’s heaven?
Today we make that heaven. We will learn how to make marinated ramen eggs.
And you’ll want to eat them all the time. And that’s ok. Eggs are good for you!
And guess what? These things are ridiculously easy to make. And did I mention the deliciousness?
Now guys, the best part about ramen eggs is the gooey, undercooked yolk. That sweet golden yolk, with a creamy umami flavor that you just cant get enough of. It is taking all my willpower to not go in the fridge and eat the leftover ramen eggs. All my willpower.
I promised the boyfriend I wouldn’t eat them though….
If you prefer your yolks fully cooked (shame on you – LOL), just up the cook time to 12 minutes. But know these are most delicious with that ooey, gooey egg yolk.
The ingredients are pretty simple and can be found at your local grocery or Asian grocery, or you can just buy them here from Amazon. Note these are affiliate links and I receive a small commission if you buy through the link. But it helps me run this site guys.
How to make marinated ramen eggs
I think we’re ready. Like I said guys, these are super easy to make.
I ALWAYS steam my eggs now. I find they are easier to peel that way, and peeling eggs is the bane of my existence. I hate it.
I really wanted the un-done center for these eggs, so on the first shot I steamed them for 6 minutes. These were too hard to peel. They were very soft boiled, cooked to absolute perfection. If only I could peel them.
The second go round, I cooked them for 8 minutes. This worked better. The eggs were still soft in the middle, but I was able to peel them with no disasters.
I store the eggs in a large mason jar, but a zip lock bag would do fine as well. As long as the eggs are fully submerged in the marinade.
Now you know how to make marinated ramen eggs. Delicious, delicious marinated ramen eggs.
I warn you, you’re going to want to make them all the time. But that’s ok.
I love them so much.
If you love Japanese food as much as I do, check out these other yummy recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know how they turned out!
Marinated Ramen Eggs
- Add all sauce ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let cool fully.
- While the sauce cools, steam the eggs for 8 minutes then submerge in an ice water bath for at least 20 minutes, but up to an hour. The longer they sit, they easier they will be to peel (theoretically).
- Once the eggs are cooled, peel and place them in a large jar, container, or zip lock bag.
- Once marinade is cooled, pour over the eggs and seal the container.
- Let them marinade in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Drain the marinade and slice the eggs in half to be served in ramen, or just eat them as a snack!