This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
THESE GOOEY, CHEWY, CHOCOLATEY PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES ARE INCREDIBLY EASY TO MAKE, AND ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.
When I want a quick dessert, I go the semi-homemade route. Especially when it comes to brownies. Absolutely perfect for parties, these peanut butter brownies are always a hit. However, they are even better when eaten all by yourself. With some ice cream. In secret.
Just kidding (kind of, but not really). I love how easy these brownies are to make, I even get the boyfriend to make them from time to time. And boy does he love these brownies…well he loves all brownies. I mean, who doesn’t?
Related Recipe: Fluffy Chocolate Pie
Ghirardelli makes an excellent brownie mix that is ALMOST (but not quite) as good as my made from scratch version – and so much easier! Saving time on the actual brownie mix means I can spend more time thinking of new ways to dress up the brownies. And more time on the other dishes of the evening.
1 box Ghiradelli double chocolate brownie mix
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the brownie mix according to the instructions on the box.
Related Recipe: Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Combine the peanut butter chips with the brownie batter and stir to incorporate fully.
Place in a greased 8×8 baking dish. I always use metal, but glass is fine. Just adjust the cook time in accordance with the instructions on the box.
Related Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Pie with Oreo Crust
Heat the peanut butter in a microwave until pour-able, about 20-30 seconds. Drizzle it on top of the brownie mixture and use a knife to swirl it in the mixture.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, remove and let cool for 1-2 hours. If you’re too impatient to let them cool, they can be eaten right away, they will just be difficult to get out of the pan in one piece. But I understand. When you want a brownie, you want a brownie. Dig in!
To slice them cleanly, butter a knife and slowly cut into 16 individual brownies. And as always, brownies are best served warmed with some nice cold milk or ice cream. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know how they turned out!
These peanut butter brownies use a brownie mix as a base, then add chuncks of chocolate and peanut butter chips for the ultimate fudgy peanut butter brownie.
- 1 box Ghiradelli double chocolate brownie mix Ghirardelli Chocolate Double Chocolate Brownie Mix 18-oz
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter Jif creamy Peanut Butter, 16 oz
- 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips Reese's Peanut Butter Baking Chips-10 oz
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously grease a 8x8 pan with butter, cooking oil or shortening.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix in the Reese's peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish.
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave until pour-able, 20-30 seconds.
- Drizzle peanut butter over top of brownie mix and swirl into the mixture with a butter knife.
- Cook for 40 minutes (according to instruction on the package).
- Remove and let cool for 1-2 hours.
- Slice and serve.