If you like pad Thai, you’re going to love these chicken pad Thai baked egg rolls – stuffed with homemade pad Thai and baked until browned and crispy, these egg rolls are amazingly delicious dipped in a spicy Thai peanut sauce, a sweet chili peanut sauce….or just devoured right on their own!
Have I got a treat for you. Who out there loves pad Thai? I know it’s not just me. I know you guys are out there.
And what about egg rolls? Of course…who doesn’t love egg rolls?? Especially the kind that you can bake right in the oven.
These chicken pad Thai baked egg rolls combine the best of both worlds. Sweet and savory pad Thai with juicy chicken and roasted peanuts, and crispy egg rolls dipped in some super amazing delicious sauce.
And they are super easy to make. Even for me, the queen of the terribly rolled egg rolls. I swear, I’ve been making egg rolls for quite some time, and they still look like s***.
But does that really matter? Not to me, because they taste AMAZING.
Most of the ingredients are relatively common and easy to find at your local grocery store. However, the tamarind concentrate will likely need to be hunted down at an Asian market, or you can buy it below. Tamarind is what gives pad Thai that slightly sour tangy flavor. It’s an awesome flavoring agent.
For convenience, I’ve included link to purchase some of these ingredients on Amazon so you don’t have to run up and down the aisles searching for them. These are affiliate links, and I earn a small commission to fund my life of luxury if you buy through these links:
How to Make Chicken Pad Thai Baked Egg Rolls
This is going to be easy guys. First we make the chicken.
Heat 1 tbsp. of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat, cool, and chop into pieces.
While the chicken is cooling, mix all the pad Thai sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
You’ll also want to make the noodles according to the package. Typically, you will heat water to boiling, remove it from the heat and add the noodles. The noodles will soak for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the skillet to medium heat and add chicken, noodles and bean sprouts and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Add the cilantro and peanuts and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
And now we roll the egg rolls. Guys, if you’ve never done this before, it’s not hard. After you do a couple, you get a rhythm and before you know it those bad boys are going right in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
See the photos below for a step by step tutorial to making egg rolls.
On the last step, wet the top corner with water before rolling the egg roll all the way up. The water will help the end stick together. Place the egg rolls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Brush each of the egg rolls with coconut oil and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Serve these chicken pad thai baked egg rolls with this spicy thai peanut sauce, or the delicious sweet chili sauce from this chicken and waffles recipe.
Can you Make Egg Rolls the Day Before?
You totally can. I even recommend it if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner to pop in the oven after a long day. Make the egg rolls then store them in a covered dish or container in the fridge overnight. You can also freeze the egg rolls for use in the future. Flash freeze them, then store in an airtight freezer bag or container for up to one month. If you bake them from frozen, add 10 minutes to the cook time.
Thai food is just so awesome. Don’t miss some of these awesome Thai recipes:
Did you make these chicken pad thai baked egg rolls? Leave a comment below and let me know how they turned out!
Crispy baked egg rolls filled with homemade pad Thai.
- 18 Egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 lbs. Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 8 oz. Rice noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tamarind concentrate
- 1 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 1 tsp. Crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. Chili garlic sauce
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat, cool, and chop into pieces.
- While the chicken cools, cook the noodles according the package directions. Typically, you will heat water to boiling, remove from heat and add noodles. Let the noodles sit for 8-10 minutes and drain. Noodles should be tender, but not soggy.
- Heat the skillet to medium heat and add chicken, noodles and bean sprouts and stir, cooking for 1 minute. Add the cilantro and peanut and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay and egg roll wrapper down and add 2-3 tbsp. of the pad thai in the center of the egg roll. Roll using the step by step photos above.
- Place the egg rolls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with spicy Thai peanut dipping sauce OR spicy Thai sweet chili peanut sauce.
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, post a photo and tag #wenthere8this. I want to see what you made!