This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This rustic almond raspberry galette is filled with generous amounts of creamy almond paste and bright fresh raspberries all wrapped up in a flaky pie crust for that perfect early spring dessert!
I have been obsessed with galette’s lately guys.
I recently learned about them, and am in love.
I want to make all dishes into a galette.
Delicious pie crust folded around ingredients in a slightly messy “rustic” look.
This almond raspberry galette is SO EASY.
I threw it together in just a matter of minutes one Sunday afternoon.
Had I not needed to photograph it, this would have been one of the easiest pies I ever made.
what do we need to make this almond raspberry galette?
Simple ingredients guys. You should be able to find all the ingredients at your local grocery store.
Or, buy them on Amazon through these link (these are affiliate links, I earn a small commission if you buy through these links):
Let’s talk for one second about the pie crust. I’m lazy.
Most of you know that already.
I tend to buy my pie crust pre-made.
Someday I will make it from scratch, but that day is not today.
So to make this recipe super easy, I buy a pie crust.
If you want to make your own, check out this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
How do we make the almond raspberry galette?
First, combine the raspberries, lemon juice, and coconut sugar in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Unroll one pie crust and lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Every time I open a package of almond paste, I can’t help but to take just a small bite.
I’m in love with the stuff.
But for this recipe, try not to eat it straight out of the package.
We want to roll it in a ball then roll it out flat to lay it over our pie crust (see below step by step pics).
Place the raspberry mixture on top of the almond paste and fold up the edges into a hexagon shape.
Brush with the egg wash (beaten egg) and sprinkle the raw sugar crystals on top.
Cover with sliced almonds and dab small pinches of butter over the raspberries. This helps to keep it from drying out.
Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing it.
Serve with fresh whipped cream, ice cream or drizzle with honey.
If you’re into quick and easy desserts like I am, check out these other awesome recipes:
Did you make this almond raspberry galette? Leave a comment and let me know how it turned out!
Rustic Almond Raspberry Galette
- 1 pie crust
- 1 package raspberries 6 oz.
- 7 oz. almond paste
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 tbsp. raw sugar crystals
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place pie crust on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Combine the raspberries, lemon juice, and coconut sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out the almond paste in a circle and place on pie crust. There should be about 2-3 inches between the edge of the almond paste and edge of the pie crust (see photos above).
- Pour raspberry mixture on top of the almond paste.
- Fold the pie crust up and over the raspberries into a hexagon (6 sides).
- Brush the pie crust with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar crystals and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly before slicing. I try wait at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.