This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Tired of those same old holiday side dishes? Kick it up a notch with this Spicy Korean Cauliflower Wings recipe. Roasted in a sauce of gochujang, soy sauce and honey, this cauliflower comes out crisp and caramelized around the edges, with the perfect touch of spice from the gochujang.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me some good old cheesy roasted cauliflower. But sometimes, your taste buds want something a little more fun.
Like these spicy Korean cauliflower Wings. Made with Korean chili paste and sweetened with a touch of honey, this cauliflower is LIFE. For real.
I just stood over the pan and picked the caramelized bits of sauce right off the baking sheet. I don’t even care.
If you’re looking to spice up that holiday dinner a bit, or even add a little vegan fun to game days, you want these spicy baked cauliflower bites. I promise. And they’re super easy, just like I like it.
The Ingredients for Korean Cauliflower Wings
Grab the ingredients at your local grocery, or buy them through the Amazon links below (affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you buy through these links – I promise, I earned it guys!):
What is Gochujang?
If you’ve never cooked with gochujang, you’re going to be so excited about it. Gochujang is a Korean chili paste made from fermented soy beans, glutinous rice, chili peppers and salt/sweeteners. It is very pungent with a deep umami flavor. I’m addicted to it and want to use it on everything (like these super delicious Spicy Pork Bulgolgi Tacos).
Is Gochujang Spicy?
Gochujang is made with chili peppers, so it can be very spicy. Typically, there are milder options all the way up to fiery hot burn your ears off spicy. I lean towards the milder versions because I am a baby. However, even the milder versions pack a pretty good amount of heat.
Step By Step Instruction
We’re talking 30 minutes from start to finish here. And most of that time is hands off so you can be doing something else (ahem, Netflix guys guys…you know how I love my Netflix).
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place cauliflower in a bowl. Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the top and toss to coat. Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
While the cauliflower is roasting, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until a sauce forms.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add the the bowl. Mix well to fully coat the cauliflower with the sauce. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and roast for another 15 minutes, until crisp and caramelized.
Garnish with some sliced green onions and serve. You can eat these with a fork, but really, using your hands is so much more fun.
Did you make this spicy Korean Cauliflower Wings recipe? Rate the recipe and leave a comment below to let me know what you think!
Korean Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and coat with the melted coconut oil.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until a uniform sauce is formed.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and add the the bowl. Mix well to fully coat the cauliflower with the sauce. You may need to wait a couple minutes for the cauliflower to cool before tossing.
- Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and roast for another 15 minutes, until crisp and caramelized.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
- Substitute frozen cauliflower for fresh. Note that it may come out softer than the fresh cauliflower.
- Use a mild gochujang if you prefer less spice. However, this is a spicy dish by nature, so even a mild chili paste will still have some heat.
- If the cauliflower is not caramelized, place it under the broiler for a couple minutes. Just be sure you watch it to make sure it doesn't burn - the honey will burn quickly!