You’ll never be able to eat just one of these amazing easy Pumpkin Pie Pecan Bars!
This post contains affiliate links.
So last week I shared with you guys the best dessert recipe I have ever made…Gooey Pecan Pie Bars. They were amazing. I couldn’t stop thinking about them. That said, it got me started on some new dessert ideas similar to those oh so delicious pecan pie bars.
Today I share with you my delicious EASY Pumpkin Pie Pecan Bars. In my typical fashion, this is an easy dessert, using shortbread as a crust. I love shortbread because it tastes delicious and only takes about 5 minutes to make. And did I mention how delicious is it?
What’s in these bars?
I use fresh pumpkin puree, which is super easy to make in the slow cooker (learn how here). If you don’t feel like making this fresh pumpkin puree (it’s super easy I promise) canned pumpkin will work just as well. Just make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling!
And of course the brown sugar glazed pecan topping. The boyfriend says this is his favorite part. Funny story here. He has been claiming for the longest time how much he hates pumpkin and only ever wants to eat desserts with chocolate. Of course he tries everything I make and is super confused. He doesn’t understand how he can hate pumpkin but love all these pumpkin dishes…because he LOVES PUMPKIN. He just didn’t know it. So these easy Pumpkin Pie Pecan Bars are his new favorite dessert.
Jeez did I get off track. Back to the pecan topping. Crushed pecans combined with brown sugar, maple syrup, a touch of salt, and of course BUTTER, all melted together into these delicious glazed pecans. We add these to the pumpkin pie bars halfway through the baking process.
Don’t miss out on some other awesome Holiday dessert ideas! Download my FREE cookbook right here!
So guys, this recipe is super awesome. A little twist on that boring old pumpkin pie! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Homemade pumpkin pie filling, topped with gazed almonds and baked until gooey.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter cold and cut in pieces
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor, adding butter one piece at a time until a dough forms.
- Press dough into an 8x8 parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture on top of the HOT shortbread crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Pour pecan topping (below) on top, return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until middle is no longer jiggling.
- Remove and let cool fully. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Remove from pan and slice into bars. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Heat pecans, brown sugar, butter, salt and maple syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat until butter is fully melted and sugar starts to caramelize; about 5-10 minutes.
Remember to download a FREE copy of my new cookbook – it’s got some other great easy to make holiday desserts that haven’t made it to the blog yet!