This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These no-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls are super easy to make, with only 5 ingredients, and the perfect “can’t just have one” treat. Sweetened cream cheese and pumpkin puree mixed with crumbled graham crackers and pumpkin pie spice are the perfect filling for these white chocolate coated pumpkin cheesecake truffles.
This post was originally published in November 2017. It has been updated for content and photos.
If there is one thing I like better than pumpkin spice it’s cheesecake. And these no bake pumpkin cheesecake balls are easy to make and soooo yummy. Guys…You WANT these…you NEED these…you HAVE to have these.
I swear. I sit down with the full intent of eating just a couple (never mind that I always set the whole plate down in front of me….). I never eat just a couple. I inhale them. One by one. It’s bad. Because they’re so good.
And what a great party treat! Little bite sized morsels of sweet and creamy goodness, with the perfect amount of holiday flavor. Your guests will LOVE them!
The Ingredients for Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
I use store bought pumpkin pie spice in this recipe, but making your own is quite easy as well. The Country Cook has got a great recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice.
And I am a big fan of fresh made pumpkin puree, so that’s what I use. If you’re not interested in SUPER EASY slowcooker (read – set it and forget it) pumpkin puree, you can also use the canned (I included a link to purchase below in the ingredient list).
I also prefer to make my own candy shell coating as I feel it is easier to work with than the store bought. However, I included a link for both the ingredients to make your own shell and the pre-made white chocolate shell.
Buy these ingredients at your local grocery store OR sit on your couch and order them on Amazon through the below links (affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you buy through these links to help me pay for this site):
- Pumpkin puree
- Graham crackers
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar
- White chocolate chips OR White chocolate candy shell
- Coconut oil
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
To make the cheesecake batter, combine all the batter ingredients in a bowl and mix well. First tip – try not to eat all the cheesecake batter. This is key guys….
Once you make the pumpkin cheesecake batter, I recommend refrigerating it for at least an hour. The colder and firmer it is, the easier it will be to roll into balls without ending up with goopy cream cheese all over your hands. Also, spray your hands with a bit of nonstick cooking spray before you start rolling in balls.
Form the chilled batter into 1-2″ balls and place on a wax paper line baking sheet. For the best results, pop these balls back into the freezer for another 20-30 minutes to make it easier to dip the balls in white chocolate.
How to Make White Chocolate Candy Coating
We mix the white chocolate chips with the coconut oil to make a candy coating for the cheesecake balls. Adding the coconut oil produces a mixture that is similar to magic shell, providing a hardened candy coating on the outside of the cheesecake balls. Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted.
**Note – you can use the White chocolate candy shell I referenced earlier in the post if you prefer to skip this step.
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
Once your candy shell is ready, remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer. Using your finger, or a small fork, dip the balls in the white chocolate, swirling to cover all sides. Set on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the pumpkin cheesecake balls until fully set, about 20 minutes.
More amazing Fall/Winter/Holiday inspired desserts
Salted Caramel Apple Galette
Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
No-Bake Egg Nog Cheesecake Bars
White Chocolate Cranberry Sugar Cookies
How to Make Candied Ginger
No-Bake Oreo Balls
No-Bake Cheesecake Balls
Mexican Wedding Balls
How to Make Almond Meringues
Tools used to make Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls
Pumpkin Cheesecake Mixture:
- Combine all ingredients for the pumpkin cheesecake mixture and mix until combined (don't over mix). Refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-2" (1 tbsp. sized) balls, place on wax paper, cover and pop in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Dip each ball into the melted white chocolate and place back on wax paper. Sprinkle with leftover crushed graham crackers while still wet.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to set fully.
White Chocolate Candy Shell:
- Combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Use room temperature cream cheese when making the mixture. Cold cream cheese can cause lumps to form in your batter;
- Chill the cream cheese mixture for at least a hour to make it easier to roll into balls;
- Spray your hands with non stick spray or rub lightly with cooking oil – this helps to prevent your hands from sticking when rolling the cream cheese mixture into balls.
- The longer the rolled cheesecake balls stay in the freezer, the easier they will be to dip in chocolate;
- Cheesecake balls will be best if they are chilled 2-4 hours after they are done. However, you can eat them before hand, they will just be softer.
- Store bought white chocolate shell can be used instead of making your own.
Did you make these pumpkin cheesecake truffles? Follow me on Instagram, post a photo and tag @wenthere8this or #wenthere8this. I love to see what you’re making!