If you’re a pizza lover, you’re going to 100%, no doubt about it LOVE this Korean pizza. Made with a creamy kimchi pizza sauce, topped with marinated bulgolgi beef, kimchi, cabbage, mushrooms, burrata and topped with a fried egg, you’re about to fall in love!
Pizza lovers unite!
Have I got the best pizza for you.
I do have to note that this is the third recipe in a row that contains a fried egg.
But really, who doesn’t love to top their food with a nice creamy, runny yolk?
Even Korean pizza.
Now don’t worry, I’m not going to have you make pizza dough from scratch. I mean, if you want to, more power to you.
I just don’t have time for that.
At least not now…maybe someday. I know you guys get me.
Pillsbury has this refrigerated pizza dough that is awesome (note this is not a sponsored post, I just really like the convenience of the crust). You literally unroll it, place it on a baking sheet and go. I find it in the refrigerated section where they keep the pie crust, cookie dough and butter.
The other ingredients are pretty easy to find too, either at the grocery or Asian market. OR, just buy them on Amazon below (affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you buy through these link – it helps me buy coffee to stay motivated to make new recipes!):
If you are using dried shiitake mushrooms, soak them in hot water for 10-15 minutes (or until soft). Squeeze out the excess water then slice.
How to Make Korean Pizza with Kimchi Sauce
Remember to marinade your beef the day before. If you don’t marinade it overnight, the flavor won’t be as intense.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Heat a tbsp. of cooking oil in a wok over medium high heat, until smoking. Add the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes, until crisp and caramelized on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the kimchi pizza sauce, heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until lightly toasted.
Add the kimchi and cream and cook until reduced by half (5-10 minutes). Add any salt to taste.
Place your handy dandy pizza crust on a baking sheet and spoon the pizza sauce on, as thick or think as you like.
OPTIONAL: use a pizza stone. Make sure the pizza stone is heated in the oven for 20 minutes. Dust with cornmeal. Place the ROOM TEMPERATURE crust on the pizza stone. If the crust is too cold, you run the risk of the stone cracking.
Add the beef, kimchi, onions and mushrooms. Spread the burrata on top and top with slivers of green onion.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown and crispy.
Slice with a pizza cutter and serve with a fresh fried egg on top. Sprinkle with fried garlic and gochugaru. This part is optional, but totally recommended!
So many delicious Korean style recipes guys – check out these other awesome ones:
Instant Pot Korean Baby Back Ribs
Korean Beef Nachos
Kimchi Udon Stir Fry
Korean Beef Egg Rolls
Kimchi Fried Rice
Spicy Korean Seafood Stew
Spicy Korean Rice Cakes
Sweet Korean Pancakes
Spicy Pork Bulgolgi Tacos
Shrimp Bibimbap Bowls
Did you make this Korean pizza? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Pizza crust topped with Korean marinated beef bulgolgi, kimchi, burrata and mushrooms with a Kimchi cream sauce and baked until golden brown and bubbly.
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/2 lbs. rib eye, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms
- 4 oz. diced cabbage kimchi
- 6 oz. burrata
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- Green onions
- Fried eggs, for topping (optional)
- Fried garlic (optional)
- Gochugaru (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. mirin
- 1 cup cabbage kimchi, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the beef and marinade overnight.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a wok over medium high heat (pan should be smoking) and add the beef. Stir fry 2-3 minutes, until out side is crisp and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the crust on top.
- OPTIONAL: use a pizza stone. Make sure the pizza stone is heated in the oven for 20 minutes. Dust with cornmeal. Place the ROOM TEMPERATURE crust on the pizza stone. If the crust is too cold, you run the risk of the stone cracking.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crust. Use as much or as little sauce as you like. I like it a little heavy on the sauce.
- Add the beef, kimchi, onions and mushrooms. Spread the burrata on top and top with slivers of green onion.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve with a fresh fried egg on top. Sprinkle with fried garlic and gochugaru. This part is optional, but totally recommended!
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until lightly toasted.
- Add the kimchi and cream and cook until reduced by half (5-10 minutes).
- Add the salt (to taste).
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, post a photo and tag #wenthere8this. I want to see what you made!