This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Looking for a fresh, simple, easy to make salad? Try this healthy strawberry spinach salad with candied pecans and blue cheese!
Let the games begin! Salad Sunday has officially been implemented. Lately, the boyfriend and I have been over-indulging on our weekend splurges. Waking up with a food hangover every Monday morning is no longer acceptable! We want to feel good on Monday morning.
Well, as good as you can knowing you’ve got a week of going to work in front of you. So we implemented what we like to call salad Sunday. It’s been a blast coming up with new ideas! And, I feel so much better when waking up on Monday morning.
Related Recipe: Cajun Shrimp Salad with Mango Dressing
We have gotten some amazing strawberries over the past couple months, so better way to use fresh strawberries than in a salad. Well, and strawberry shortcake. Or this strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. Ok, ok, there are many ways to use them, but this way is so simple, healthy and delicious!
This strawberry spinach salad with candied pecans and blue cheese is incredible and totally easy to make. While you can serve it with any type of dressing, I like to use this fresh strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
Also, any blue cheese will do, but a firm blue cheese will crumble easier. Or just buy the blue cheese crumbles. I tend to not buy them because I don’t love the taste. I feel it’s more salt, and less of that deep blue cheese flavor we all love. But that’s me. Use whatever you blue cheese you like.
Related Recipe: Thai Beef Salad
The salad shrimp called for in the recipe are completely optional. I always like to add an extra boost of protein when I’m having salad as a meal, but they are totally not necessary if you are going vegetarian.
To make the salad, place all the ingredients (except the candied pecans) in a bowl and toss. Simple. Add the dressing and top with candied pecans. Don’t forget the candied pecans. It’s the best part. The cinnamon coating is amazing with the fresh strawberries.
Did you make this recipe? Rate it and leave me a comment below and let me know how it turned out 🙂
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Add the remaining fruits and vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and candied pecans and drizzle with the strawberry vinaigrette.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Store in a seal-able jar or container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Candied pecans can be made from scratch (try this Candied Pecan Recipe) or purchased at your local grocery store. You can also buy them on Amazon HERE.
- Replace the blue cheese with goat cheese, Gorgonzola, or any other tangy cheese.
- The strawberry vinaigrette can be replaced with any type of vinaigrette.
- Use candied walnuts, almonds, or any other kind of crunchy sweet or salty treats for the added texture in your salad.
- Trade the mandarin oranges for grapefruit, pears, grapes or any other fruit you like. Or just add more fruit.
If you like this strawberry spinach salad with candied pecans and blue cheese, you’ll love these other fresh vegetable recipes: