This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These Instant Pot Braised Beef Short Ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender. Seasoned with Brazilian style spices & served with homemade chimichurri, these ribs are melt-in-your-mouth AMAZING! To top it off, they are ready in under an hour!! Melt-in-your-mouth beef short ribs in under an hour!
I don’t know about you guys, but I am always up for melt-in-your-mouth beef. That perfectly tender, flavor packed meat that just falls off the bone and is deliciously succulent and juicy…
Gimme all the braised short ribs!!
Plus, these Instant Pot braised beef short ribs are super easy to make (you know me – that’s how I like it) with your trusty Instant Pot.
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? What are you waiting for????? I’m in love with mine. Totally in love. The boyfriend even made a comment the other day about how often I use it. My most used kitchen appliance. If you want to read a little more about it, check out my full review here.
If you’re ready to take the plunge, you can find the one I use on Amazon (affiliate link).But back to the short ribs. Droolworthy, flavor packed and oh-so-comforting.
Plus guys, with the Instant Pot, these bad boys cook up in an hour. AN HOUR! That’s unheard of for short ribs.
**these white wine braised short ribs are cooked the old fashioned way – in a dutch oven. However, it remains to be one of my most popular recipes! Check it out to learn how to make oven-braised shorts ribs**
This is another one of those recipes where you likely have most, if not all of the ingredients in your pantry already. The exception may be the churrasco seasoning, but I’ve included a link below (as well as a link to the other ingredients) so you don’t have to hunt them down in the store (affiliate link – I earn a small commission if you buy through these links to help me with my food addiction):
How to Make Instant Pot Braised Beef Short Ribs
Let the short ribs come to room temperature. This will help them brown easier and create that crust that keeps the juice in while braising. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
Heat the coconut oil in the Instant Pot on the saute setting (normal). Add the short ribs and brown on all sides. Remove the short ribs and set aside.
Add all the remaining ingredients (except the churrasco seasoning) and stir to combine. Place the short ribs back in the Instant Pot and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the churrasco seasoning.
Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 50 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release the remaining pressure.
Tender, delicious meat is just the best. Especially when you can make it super quick in the Instant Pot. Check out some of my other favorite Instant Pot meats:
Don’t forget to sign up for the email list (don’t worry, it’s only one a week and it’s packed full with AMAZING recipes!) and get your FREE Instant Pot Cookbook!!
Did you make these Instant Pot braised beef short ribs? Leave a comment below and let me know how they turned out!
Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
- 2 pounds beef short ribs (about 4 medium sized ribs)
- 3 teaspoons salt (2 for seasoning the beef, 1 for the cooking liquid)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (for seasoning the beef)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 cup beer (a light beer like a lager)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 teaspoon churrasco seasoning
- Chimichurri sauce (optional - for serving)
- Let the short ribs come to room temperature (about and hour) and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet and add the short ribs. Brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes/side).
- Add all remaining ingredients (except chimichurri) to the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Remove the ribs from the cast iron skillet and place in the Instant Pot. Spoon the sauce over top of the short ribs.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 60 minutes. Once the ribs are done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Serve these Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs over black beans (pictured), creamy polenta or steamed white rice.
- Be sure to season the short ribs with the salt and pepper before searing - this is what helps to give them incredible flavor;
- Brown the short ribs in a cast iron skillet for the best results. They can be browned directly in the Instant Pot, but I find the results to be better in cast iron. Plus, the Instant Pot tends to stick terribly;
- Mix the ingredients (except the rib) together before pouring them into the Instant Pot with the short ribs to make a more uniform sauce;
- Be sure to let the pressure release naturally first - releasing the pressure too early can cause the short ribs to become tough.